Health Care - Professor/Researcher (Interprofessional Collaboration)
Laval University/Université Laval
Date posted: 2012-11-19
INTERPROFESSIONAL COLLABORATION IN HEALTH CARE
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE FACULTY / DEPARTMENT
More than a school, Université Laval is an entire community in the heart of Quebec City, a complete university recognized for its leadership and its culture of excellence both in teaching and research.
The Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine (DFMEM) of Université Laval's Faculty of Medicine is calling for applications for a professor and researcher in the field of interprofessional collaboration in health care.
Over the last few years, interprofessional collaboration in health sciences / care and education has been a booming sector at a provincial, national and international level. The Faculty of medicine is part of the Integrated Centre for Health Sciences Education with the Faculties of Nursing and Pharmacy and interprofessional collaboration is one of our core values. This value is becoming increasingly integrated in our teaching and in our professional practices. The Collaborative Network on Interprofessional practices in Health and Social services (RCPI) ( http://www.rcpi.ulaval.ca/ ), created in 2009, demonstrates very well the importance attached to collaboration in our university.
The Faculty of medicine has consolidated all the educational services under the Education and Professional Development's Office (VDPDPC) which focuses on educating and supporting faculty members. The VDPDPC gathers five areas of expertise: pedagogical development, simulation learning, evaluation, research in health sciences education and professional development. The sector "Research in Health Sciences Education" is emerging. It currently includes professors (PhD in Education, MD-MA, MD) and collaborators, all engaged in health sciences education. Actually, three research programs are under development: clinical supervision, simulation learning and evaluation. The significant increase in our research activities leads us to recruit two other professors-researchers to become key players in academic research in health sciences education.
We are therefore looking for a professor-researcher in the field of interprofessional collaboration in health care to join the VDPDPC team and to contribute to the teaching and research efforts within the Faculty of medicine and the Collaborative Network on Interprofessional Practices in Health and Social services (RCPI).
- Develop a research program in the field of interprofessional collaboration in health.
- Apply for salary awards and research grants from funding agencies to support the research activities.
- Disseminate knowledge and research activities outcomes throughout scientific communications and publications.
- Participate in the development and the delivery of graduate and undergraduate educational activities in the field of interprofessional collaboration in health.
- Being actively involved in the supervision of graduate students (M.Sc. and Ph.D.).
- Participate in the scientific and administrative activities of the Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine and of the Education and Professional Development's Office.
- Contribute to the promotion and development of the Health Sciences Education sector of the Education and Professional Development's Office by participating in interprofessional collaboration networks.
- Doctorate (PhD) in education or in a health sciences discipline;
- A postdoctoral diploma would be an asset;
- Experience and competencies in collaboration applied to the health sector;
- Relevant research experience;
- Performance indicators in research : publications, grants applications, graduate students;
- Experience with university-level teaching and graduate students supervision;
- French and English language skills.
HIRING AND TREATMENT CONDITIONS
Salary according to the current collective agreement. (http://www.rh.ulaval.ca/sgc/accueil/enseignant_recherche/professeurs/cc_spul)
Member of the Faculty of medicine's Education and Professional Development's Office. Appointment to the Department of Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.
JOB APPLICATION LIMIT DEPOSIT DATE : January 25, 2013
JOB STARTING DATE : June 1, 2013
Interested candidates can address a letter of interest and curriculum vitae, by mail or email, to:
Dr Guy Béland, directeur
Département de médecine familiale et de médecine d'urgence
Faculté de médecine
1050, avenue de la Médecine, local 4617
Québec (Québec) G1V 0A6
Information : 418 656-3678
Valuing diversity, Université Laval encourages all qualified individuals to apply-particularly women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities-but priority will be given to Canadians and Canadian permanent residents.