Health, Justice and Human Services - Program Faculty/Chair
Date posted: 2012-11-22
SIMULATED PATIENT HEALTH ENVIRONMENT FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATION (SPHERE)
CENTRE FOR HEALTH, JUSTICE & HUMAN SERVICES
Competition No. 12-126
Lethbridge College invites applicants to apply for a full-time continuing faculty position within the SPHERE program.
- Overall leadership, administration and delivery of the SPHERE program within the centre to ensure SPHERE is an environment that supports 'best practice' experiential learning activities
- Implementation of simulation technology as an educational strategy in the program curriculum
- Provide support and mentorship for faculty, as well as coordinate learning activities related to the use and operation of new resources and equipment
- Collaboration with Simulation Instructors, Course Coordinators and Program Administrators to design, develop, implement and evaluate learning strategies used in clinical simulation for all healthcare programs
- Advancing the SPHERE program and simulation technology by optimizing potential research opportunities
- Coordinate the acquisition and upgrading of SPHERE equipment and supplies, as well as external scheduling and booking of simulation suites in conjunction with SPHERE instructors
- Leadership of Academic and Non-Academic SPHERE staff
- BN required; Master's degree in Nursing, Education or Health Related field preferred
- Eligible for registration with CARNA
- Current CPR/AED (Level C)
- Knowledgeable about current teaching/learning theories and processes
- Expertise in low to high fidelity systems and virtual reality simulation
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with faculty and interdisciplinary groups
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment
- Extensive clinical knowledge and skills
- 3-5 years administrative/management experience preferred
Please email Human Resource Services at email@example.com for a copy of the chair position description and detailed SPHERE faculty responsibilities.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience in accordance with the current LCFA Collective Agreement, plus a stipend for chair duties. Release time from regular instructional duties is included.
Closing Date: Apply online at http://www.higher-purpose.ca submitting your cover letter, resume, and references quoting the above competition number. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.