Theology - Professor (Full-Time)
Saint Paul University
Date posted: 2013-01-11
A Catholic and bilingual (English-French) Institution and an Apostolate of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate, Saint Paul University is dedicated primarily ta an understanding and integration of Christian faith and life within a spirit of ecumenical openness. It promotes excellence in teaching, research and professional formation. (Excerpt from the Mission Statement) Candidates are invited to consult the complete text available at http://www.ustpaul.ca).
FULL-TIME PROFESSOR IN THEOLOGY
"SISTERS OF OUR LADY OF THE CROSS" CHAIR IN CHRISTIAN FAMILY STUDIES
The Faculty of Theology at Saint Paul University invites applications for a full-time tenure track teaching position in Theology to hold the Sisters of Our Lady of the Cross Chair in Christian Family Studies.
- Doctorate in theology (PhD and Ecclesiastical Doctorate)
- Bilingualism: will be asked to teach in both languages (French and English);
- Familiarity with theological, historical, ethical, and cultural research in the area of Christian Family Studies;
- Familiarity with the Roman Catholic tradition and documents focused on the family;
- Experience in family counselling or in pastoral care for families
- Capacity to reflect critically on the emerging structures and forms of the family in Canada and in the modern world;
- Priority will be given to candidates whose academic record reflects on-going research in family studies and permits him/her to be admitted to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Teaching in all programs e.g. B.Th.; M.A.; L.Th.; Ph.D.(Th.); D.Th.; D.Min.
- Development of a research program in the area he/she is hired and be able to direct research at the graduate level;
- lnitiate conferences and joint research projects in the area of Christian Family Studies;
- Participation in various committees of the Faculty of Theology and Saint Paul University.
- Creation and coordination of a Research Centre on Sexual Abuse
Salary: Salary and possibility of promotion according to the regulations of Saint Paul University.
Starting date: Immediately
Applications, including curriculum vitae and the list of publications should be submitted to: email@example.com
Director - Human Resources
Saint Paul University
223 Main Street
Ottawa, ON Canada K1 S 1 C4
Applications are encouraged from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, this position is open ta Canadian and non-Canadian citizens, however, priority will be given ta Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada who meet qualifications for the position.