Director, Administration - Lifelong Learning (SFU Vancouver)
Simon Fraser University
Date posted: 2013-01-24
Simon Fraser University is one of Canada's best comprehensive universities with three campuses in Metro Vancouver. Through the strength and commitment of our staff and faculty, SFU is recognized as a top employer in both B.C. and Canada. We invite applications for the following position:
Lifelong Learning - SFU Vancouver - Competition #039
Reporting to the Dean, Lifelong Learning, the Director, Administration works closely with the Dean, Associate Deans, Directors, Program Directors, and Department Heads to provide professional and organizational leadership for operational, financial, budgetary, and human resource policy and administrative matters. The Director, Administration oversees operating and capital budgets of approximately $20.8 million, including grants and external funding, tuition revenue and base budget allocations for credit, non-credit, distance and online programming, and other program services and projects. The incumbent of the position provides strategic advice and guidance on program and department financial and budget initiatives, activities, and the allocation of resources. The incumbent of the position oversees the planning, management, administration, and maintenance of all financial information, control, and measurement systems to meet the planning, management and reporting requirements of Lifelong Learning. The Director, in consultation with the Dean, Directors, Program Directors, and Department Heads, provides leadership for the development and implementation of human resource strategies and plans for the unit, and, in conjunction with the Administrative Assistant (Human Resource Liaison), manages all routine human resource administrative activities for Lifelong Learning. The Director develops, implements, and evaluates organizational and management systems to support unit-wide business and data information management strategies and develops and implements strategic assessment and planning frameworks to regularly evaluate the technical infrastructure needs of Lifelong Learning.
- Master's degree in a relevant field and a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA) with seven years related experience in revenue modeling, fund accounting, budgeting, financial analysis, strategic business planning, human resource management and planning, and information systems management, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of revenue modeling, fund accounting, budgeting, financial analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of strategic business planning and project management.
- Excellent knowledge of human resource management and planning.
- Excellent knowledge of organizational and business process data management.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent organizational, quantitative, analytical reasoning, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Excellent human resource management, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Excellent consensus building, consultative decision-making, conflict management, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) skills.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and database applications and enterprise financial and student information systems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise initiative, diplomacy and discretionary judgment
SALARY RANGE: $68,268 - $81,524 per annum.
For a detailed description of this position and the application process, please visit http://www.sfu.ca/jobpostings
Simon Fraser University is committed to the principle of equity in employment and welcomes application from all qualified individuals.