Education - (2) Assistant/Associate/Full Professors
Thompson Rivers University
Date posted: 2013-02-14
School of Education
Tenured/Tenure Track Positions
The School of Education in the Faculty of Human, Social, and Educational Development invites applications for two tenured/tenure track faculty positions. Of particular interest are those who have successful teaching experience in Education programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as administrative experience. Additionally, a primary research focus and publications is expected in one of the following areas: Counselling, Special Education, Educational Leadership or Curriculum. Major responsibilities will involve teaching core courses in the Bachelor of Education and Master of Education programs. Opportunities also may be available to teach courses in the Inclusive and Special Education Certificate/Diploma programs. Those appointed with tenure also will have opportunities to serve in leadership roles such as Program Coordinator and/or Chair of Education.
The ideal candidates will have successful experience working with graduate students in Education. A strong program of scholarly activity is expected and will be supported. Service to the School of Education, TRU, and the broader community is expected. TRU has strong connections to the community and local school districts. For more information about TRU's School of Education, visit our website at http://www.tru.ca/hse.html.
- Successful teaching experience in graduate/undergraduate education programs
- Relevant successful postsecondary teaching experience related to Counselling, Special Education, Educational Leadership or Curriculum
- Successful teaching experience in secondary schools
- Successful university administrative experience
- Ph.D/Ed.D required
- Evidence of a strong program of scholarly activity
- Experience with online delivery would be a definite asset
COMMENCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT: July 1, 2013
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing March 15, 2013, and may continue until positions are filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
Please forward applications via e-mail to email@example.com, quoting the Competition #13-027 in the subject line. Include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, the names and full contact information for three (3) referees, along with copies of all university transcripts.
- Only attachments in the following formats will be accepted: Word (.doc,.docx), PDF, Text (.txt), Excel (.xls,.xlsx). Paper and/or faxed applications will no longer be considered.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.