Director, Financial Services
Date posted: 2013-02-15
Director, Financial Services
Start Date: Immediate
We're looking for an exceptional Leader to support the financial operations of Langara College. If you have a master's degree, a professional accounting designation, over 10 years of experience in a senior financial or accounting position and a passion for post secondary education, apply now!
The Director, Financial Services provides leadership, guidance and strategic support to College managers and other employees on financial, budgeting, internal controls, asset protection and purchasing issues. The Director plays an integral part in planning and advising senior level management on the financial impact of strategic choices and provides options to best support the implementation of the College's strategic decisions. The Director is accountable for the financial operations of Langara College.
The Director ensures the protection of the College's financial and other assets through accurate and timely financial reporting and monitoring, that supports responsible financial and budgetary decision-making. Using the appropriate application of policies and procedures including generally accepted accounting principles, this position is responsible for overseeing budget preparation and administration; financial accounting including accounts payable/receivable and payroll; purchasing and supply-chain management; and enrolment reporting.
Education & Experience
Masters degree, preferably in business, economics, finance or accounting.
- Professional accounting designation such as CA, CMA, or CGA and membership in good standing with the relevant British Columbia institute.
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior financial or accounting position in areas of budgeting, policy analysis/development, and financial reporting/analysis. Management and supervisory experience required, preferably in a medium to large public sector entity.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated track record of mid to senior level management and administrative experience, preferably in both the public and private sectors.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting principles, methods, techniques, and standards including federal and provincial financial regulations.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications.
- Knowledge of software to compile, quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
Skills & Abilities
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Develop and implement new strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Develop and implement strategic business and operating plans.
- Foster a cooperative work environment.
- Effective time management skills to handle dynamic and frequently changing priorities.
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills.
Salary Range: $95,311 - $119,138 Annualized (Pay Grade V)
Employee Group: Administrator
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday; however, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Application Information: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 4:30pm of the closing date via the following link: http://www.langara.bc.ca/about-langara/employment-opportunities/administration/director-financial-services-a007-13.html
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
Competition No.: A007-13
We thank you for your interest and advise that only those shortlisted will be contacted. We are committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.