Director - Advancement (Community Relations and Advancement)
Royal Roads University
Date posted: 2013-03-07
This is a newly created position.
Community Relations and Advancement
Royal Roads University invites your interest in this exciting new role within our Community Relations and Advancement team. Reporting to the Associate Vice-President you will establish the vision, structure, plans, priorities, policies and procedures of the Advancement unit.
Specifically, you will be responsible for managing the university¡¦s fundraising programs and activities, including an annual campaign, sponsorship, granting, and all areas of prospect cultivation, management and stewardship.
In addition, you will initiate the strategic, operational and business plans for each element of the advancement program and create comprehensive solicitation and stewardship strategies. Leading the Advancement unit team, you will oversee the implementation of communications plans, prospect research and management, gift processing, donor stewardship, records management and reporting.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about the field of Advancement and will establish effective and successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders in strengthening the university¡¦s reputation and promoting opportunities for support aligned with the university¡¦s Strategic Direction goals, strategies and performance indicators. Critical constituencies include senior leadership, alumni, the campus community, government, public and private sector organizations.
Royal Roads University is committed to appreciating and celebrating the diversity of students, faculty, and staff. We strive to increase understanding and acceptance of each other, thereby making us more compassionate human beings and strengthening the fabric of our communities. Experience working in diverse settings is essential to this position.
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- An undergraduate degree (graduate preferred) in a related field plus seven years of related senior fundraising experience, preferably for an educational institution; CFRE professional accreditation in good standing is an asset.
- A proven fundraising track record of closing gifts of $50,000 and greater.
- Demonstrated success in planning, budgeting and implementing an annual fundraising plan including solicitation of corporations, foundations, and prospects for major gifts is essential.
- Proven strategic planning, performance management, budgeting and leadership/supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills.
- Independent initiative, sound judgment and strategic decision-making abilities.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills, including
- the ability to work to tight deadlines and deal with a high degree of organizational complexity.
- Experience with databases and knowledge of fundraising software (Raiser's Edge).
- A dynamic, respectful and trusted communicator in all medium with strong time management and organizational skills.
- A desire to work with creative and collaborative teams who are committed to quality, values and leadership.
In addition to a collegial learning and professional community, RRU is pleased to offer a comprehensive compensation package inclusive of health benefits and participation in the College Pension Plan. This is a regular full-time position working 37.5 hours per week.
To apply please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570
Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on March 6, 2013. Review of applications will begin on April 2, 2013; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the names and contact information for three referees, and to arrange for the forwarding of degree transcripts and professional accreditation directly from the granting institutions.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
We welcome you to visit us on-line at http://www.royalroads.ca for further information.