Trades and Technology - Lecturer (Instrumentation and Electrical)
Thompson Rivers University
Date posted: 2013-03-14
School of Trades and Technology
The successful candidate will teach Instrumentation and Electrical Classes.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Served a 4-year Apprenticeship
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Industrial Instrumentation Mechanic
- Inter-Provincial Red Seal Electrician
- Minimum 5 years post certification
- Previous Teaching experience
- Provincial Instructor Diploma Certification or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work as a team member
- Good computer skills
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years Industrial experience as a Red Seal Instrumentation Mechanic and Red Seal Electrician. Candidates who are not dual-ticketed in both trades will be considered for this position if they are capable of challenging the Red Seal in the other trade within an established time frame. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience.
The successful candidate will also share in the development of new subject matter for the classroom and lab. Preference will be given to the candidate that can best demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and service, and who possesses strong communication, interpersonal and collegial skills. The position requires a strong commitment to the trade and to departmental initiatives.
For more information pertaining to this position, please contact Peter Poeschek at email@example.com
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: June 3, 2013 to June 3, 2016
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing March 25, 2013, and may continue until position is filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
Please forward applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Competition #13-038 in the subject line. Include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, the names and full contact information for three (3) referees, along with copies of all university transcripts.
- Only attachments in the following formats will be accepted: Word (.doc,.docx), PDF, Text (.txt), Excel (.xls,.xlsx). Paper and/or faxed applications will no longer be considered.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.