Electrical, Construction Trades - Lecturer (2 Tenure Track positions)
Thompson Rivers University
Date posted: 2013-03-22
Electrical, Construction Trades
The successful candidates will instruct Electrical Apprenticeship and Electrical Foundation classes.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Served a 4 year Electrical Apprenticeship
- Inter-provincial Red Seal Qualification Electrical
- Minimum 5 years' post certification experience
- Provincial Instructor's Diploma Certification or equivalent
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work as a team member
- Good computer skills
The successful candidate must have a minimum of 5 years' teaching experience in a post secondary environment. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience instructing electrical apprenticeship classes and electrical trade entry classes.
The successful candidates will also share in the development of new subject matter for the classroom and lab. Preference will be given to the candidate that can best demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and service, and who possesses strong communication, interpersonal and collegial skills. The position requires a strong commitment to the trade and to departmental initiatives.
For more information regarding these positions, please contact Peter Poeschek at firstname.lastname@example.org
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 22, 2013 to July 21, 2016
REVIEW DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be reviewed commencing April 5, 2013, and may continue until positions are filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. As part of its commitment to Employment Equity, TRU encourages applications from qualified members of the four designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities. Applicants are invited to identify themselves if they belong to any of the four designated groups.
Please forward applications via e-mail to email@example.com, quoting the Competition #13-045 in the subject line. Include a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, the names and full contact information for three (3) referees, along with copies of all university transcripts.
- Only attachments in the following formats will be accepted: Word (.doc,.docx), PDF, Text (.txt), Excel (.xls,.xlsx). Paper and/or faxed applications will no longer be considered.
- We wish to thank all applicants, however; only those under consideration will be contacted.