Engineering - Faculty Positions (Multiple Areas)
University of Waterloo
Date posted: 2013-06-03
Renowned for our co-operative system of study and entrepreneurial spirit, Waterloo Engineering is widely recognized as Canada's premier school of engineering. We provide top-quality education to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students and conduct high-impact research that spans the theoretical to the practical.
The Faculty of Engineering at the University of Waterloo invites application for faculty positions in the following areas:
- NANOTECHNOLOGY Applicants are sought in the emerging area of nanotechnology with research interests in the general field of energy. The successful candidate will develop and lead an active, internationally-recognized research program and teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
- ENERGY Of particular interest are applicants whose research programs are relevant to the oil and gas industry, as well as in clean and alternative fuels, and environmental catalysis. The successful candidate will develop and lead an active, internationally-recognized research program and teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
- SOFTWARE SYSTEMS Applicants' interests within software systems should include fault tolerant systems, cloud computing, mobile computing, human computer interaction, and intelligent computing.
Institute for Quantum Computing
- Seeking candidates with strong research accomplishments in the field of quantum information for appointments in Electrical & Computer Engineering, and Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering.
- Chair, Management Sciences Nominations and applications are invited for the position of Chair of the Department of Management Sciences, with the appointment to be effective July 1, 2013. The successful candidate will have the academic qualifications required for an appointment as a tenured faculty member; a distinguished record of teaching, research and university service; and demonstrated leadership ability.
Systems Design Engineering
- HUMAN FACTORS The successful candidate will teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in the areas of human factors, cognitive ergonomics, human-computer interaction, or user-centred design and evaluation. Experience in industry or in industrial research collaboration is desirable.
- LECTURER The Centre for Society, Technology and Values (CSTV) invites applications for a three-year term Lecturer position that is appointed to the Department of Systems Design Engineering. CSTV is an interdisciplinary
undergraduate teaching centre, located in the Faculty of Engineering.
The University of Waterloo encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, native peoples, and persons with disabilities. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.