Dean - Arts and Science
Date posted: 2013-04-05
Dean of Arts and Science
Camosun College (Victoria, BC)
Camosun College is a leading and innovative post-secondary institution with a commitment to inspiring lives through life-changing learning. It has an exciting strategic plan for the 2011-14 period and is actively engaged in delivering on the plan goals. Camosun College is located in beautiful Victoria, BC. Their two campuses serve approximately 20,000 learners a year in certificate, diploma, Bachelor degree and continuing education programs.
The School of Arts & Science at Camosun has 14 programs currently and about 190 faculty and staff. It offers university studies and hands-on education in a learning environment committed to student success and instructional excellence. The School's budget exceeds $13m annually and allows the school to offer a diverse range of career and University Transfer Programs on-line, in full-time and part-time formats.
Reporting to the Vice President, Academic, the Dean will provide vision and leadership in strategic planning, and in establishing goals, priorities, policies, and procedures for the school as well as the larger Education and Student Services division. At the school-level, the Dean's role balances responsibility for educational leadership with the need for ensuring the effective management of operational, human, financial and capital resources for the school.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline;
- Five years full-time responsible administrative and leadership experience at the post-secondary education level;
- Five years exemplary post-secondary teaching or educational development experience;
- Demonstrated involvement in creative initiatives and innovative programming at the post-secondary level;
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and team-building;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a positive, student-centered working environment that supports learning for students, faculty, and staff;
- Demonstrated ability to provide senior leadership to a diverse faculty and administrative group within a multi-union environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in budget development;
- Knowledge of program design, development, delivery and evaluation within an academic environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in human resource management;
- Demonstrated commitment to serving students with diverse backgrounds, interest, goals and abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to lead change;
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational development projects; and
- Demonstrated competence in program and schedule planning and evaluation.
Full details on the position can be found through the following link:
Contact: Sascha Neth, Kathleen Matthews or Tony Kirschner
Davies Park Vancouver
Additional information can be found at: http://www.daviespark.com or http://www.camosun.ca