Associate Dean - Trades and Manufacturing Technologies
Red Deer College
Date posted: 2013-04-23
ASSOCIATE DEAN - TRADES AND MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGIES
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
****SUBJECT TO BUDGET APPROVAL****
The Division of Trades and Manufacturing Technologies at Red Deer College is growing in response to increased industry demand. RDC supports a learner centered culture and is seeking a professional with experience in lifelong learning, leadership enhancement, and excellence in teaching and learning.
The incumbent will be passionate about Trades and Technologies and bring their skills and enthusiasm to a dynamic and growing Division, with the opportunity to contribute to RDC's future.
The successful incumbent will have the ability to assess and manage the operational plans for the Division and actively contribute to the enhancement and implementation of the College's vision and strategic goals. You will promote innovative ideas and approaches for new projects, as well as develop and facilitate the delivery of programs that add value to the community and students. You are an effective leader and relationship builder who is comfortable working with staff, faculty, students and other important stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Certified Journeyperson or a Degree in Business, Education or a discipline relevant to the College's core delivery areas
- 5 - 7 years of teaching/instructional experience in a related Trade or Technology area or
- 5 - 7 years of departmental management experience at the postsecondary level or
- 5 - 7 years of senior operational management experience in a Trade or Technology industry.
You will also have demonstrated effectiveness in the following areas:
- Strong leadership skills within a complex and demanding environment
- Strong team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking
Competition Closing Date: June 15, 2013 (or until suitable candidate is found. Review of applicants will begin May 3, 2013)
Position Start Date: July 2, 2013
Applications accepted through our website only: http://www.rdc.ab.ca/employment