Management - Full-Time Faculty (Entrepreneurship)
Royal Roads University
Date posted: 2013-06-22
Faculty of Management, School of Business
Royal Roads University invites your interest in a Faculty role within our School of Business, Faculty of Management. As a full-time faculty member you will play a key role in the delivery of the Master of Business Administration (MBA), the Master of Global Management (MGM), the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) and the Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) programs offered by the School of Business within the Faculty of Management. You will instruct and conduct research in applied approaches to the practice of management, with expertise in entrepreneurship.
Located on one of Canada's most beautiful campuses just outside Victoria, British Columbia, Royal Roads is the only public university in Canada focused exclusively on the needs of working professionals. At Royal Roads we are committed to providing an exceptional learning environment for our students. Our innovative programs, anchored with an applied relevance, are delivered through either traditional face-to-face, on-line or blended learning, a combination of enriched web-based learning and short on-campus residencies.
If you're passionate about helping others achieve their academic pursuits, enjoy working within a highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and team based teaching environment, possess well developed interpersonal communication skills and relationship building abilities then we definitely want to hear from you!
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- Doctorate degree, or working towards a Doctorate degree, would be preferred
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate level (employing adult learning and applied learning principles) in the field of entrepreneurship
- Experience as an entrepreneur, and ability to develop networks amongst entrepreneurs
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary outcomes-based curriculum
- Proven track record in research with an emphasis on practical application
- Experience in curriculum design and development
- Experience in managing a field of study within a school, and in leading a team of faculty members
- Familiarity with, or interest in, Internet-based distance education
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package to core faculty, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year probationary appointment with the possibility of conversion into a continuing appointment, subject to performance and program needs.
To apply please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources - Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570
Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on June 7th, 2013 and will close on August 31st, 2013, however the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the names and contact information for three referees, and to arrange for the forwarding of degree transcripts directly from the granting institutions.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.