Vice President Administration
Dominican University College
Date posted: 2014-01-23
VICE PRESIDENT ADMINISTRATION
At the heart of Canada's National Capital Region, Dominican University College (DUC), affiliated with Carleton University, offers its students the richness that comes with 800 years of intellectual and religious formation. DUC is renowned for its rigor and excellence in philosophy, ethics and theology. Nested within the cloister of the Dominican Community, there are personalised and caring relationships between lecturers and students, coming from both Canada and abroad. Together, they work towards a better understanding of the great ideas of history and of today, in order to contribute for a better future for themselves and for the world. DUC is looking for candidates to fulfill the position of Vice President Administration.
The Vice President Administration fulfills the following roles:
1. He accomplishes the tasks assigned to him/her by the President of the College or by the Board of administration:
- By maintaining a responsible and efficient administration, he/she supports the academic mission, teaching, research and life of the College;
- With the support of the secretary-treasurer, he/she creates a budget proposal and sees that it is observed;
- Guided by the strategic plan, he/she develops the administrative policies of the College (for approval by the administrative council) and oversees their implementation;
- Is responsible for the general administration of the College;
- Is responsible for facility management, for improvements to the facility and for the quality of the environment in order to create the conditions for a positive experience for teachers, students, and employees;
- Oversees the development and responsible management of funding from CUFO and PAL;
- Supervises the departments of recruitment, communications and marketing.
2. Serves on the executive committee;
3. Replaces the President when necessary;
4. Has final authority concerning matters of human resources in the general secretariat and administrative services department of the College;
5. Performs annual evaluations of employees of the general secretariat and administrative services department;
6. With the Vice President Academic Affairs, evaluates the work of the Registrar and Librarian.
1. Undergraduate degree;
2. Significant experience in administration and management in the university context;
3. Demonstrate leadership, initiative, creativity and energy; able to work with others and establish good relationships with employees;
4. Thorough knowledge of technological and administrative tools for accounting and management;
5. Adhere to the teaching mission of the Dominican Order and of the College;
6. Recognize the issues and implications related to the teaching of Philosophy, Theology, and Pastoral work in today's society;
7. Excellent command of both official languages of Canada.
Status: Five year contract with six month probation period
Type of employment:Full time
Start date:Mid-June (June 16th)
-4 week vacation beginning in the first year
-social benefits program
Interested persons are invited to submit their curriculum vitae by mail or electronically firstname.lastname@example.org). Completed documents must be submitted BEFORE MARCH 7TH to :
Dominican University College
96 Empress Avenue
Ottawa (Ontario)K1R 7G3
The Dominican University College thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.