Vice President - Finance and Administration
Date posted: 2014-03-18
Vice President, Finance and Administration
Okanagan College (Kelowna, BC)
The Vice President, Finance and Administration is the Chief Financial Officer, responsible for the management of financial and administrative services in accordance with the College's mission, vision, values goals and policies. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Vice President plays a key role in strategic and long-range planning as well as in the overall management of the institution.
The Vice President is also responsible for the supervision of the Director (Finance), Director (Facilities), Director (Ancillary and Business Services), Director (Information Technology), and Executive Secretary to the Vice President.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree in a related field of study (Business Administration or Commerce) and or a recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA/CMA/CGA);
- Ten years senior-level administrative experience, including responsibility for financial leadership in a complex organization;
- Outstanding technical skill at a senior level in both cost accounting and financial accounting;
- Capacity to provide innovative leadership in a complex and diverse environment;
- Ability to work collegially and consultatively with students, employees, the Board of Governors, government administrators, and industry and community contacts and partners;
- Thorough understanding of accounting and finance, including comprehensive knowledge of budgetary processes;
- Appreciation of the financial challenges and opportunities facing public post-secondary education and the ability to maximize resources in such a context;
- Ability to align resources with the strategic goals of the organization;
- Effective communication and presentation skills; and
- Experience with leveraging technology to help advance strategic plans and operations.
Full details on the position can be found through the following link:
Contact: Jen Curdie or Greg Longster
Davies Park Vancouver
#880 - 609 Granville Street,
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Additional information can be found at: http://www.daviespark.com and http://www.okanagan.bc.ca